Section One: Scope of Services
AVERZION/Slick Barrier is a proven way to keep the Arizona Bark Scorpion out of your home. Vertical surface areas surrounding the base of the home are treated with AVERZION/Slick Barrier’s patent pending coating using a unique process that is not being replicated in the industry. The coating prevents scorpions from climbing vertically up into a home or structure.
Section Two: Homeowner’s Responsibilities Prior to Application
- The Homeowner shall allow access to their property, including access to electrical outlets and outside water faucets.
- The Homeowner shall remove any debris, plants or other articles that are leaning up against the property to allow easy access to the base of the home.
- The Homeowner is responsible for rescheduling the date of services set forth above and must do so no later than 24 hours before the date of service. If this has not been done, we will arrive at the date above and begin service. The Homeowner shall then be responsible for Contract Price above.
- We will paint your stem wall/foundation wall at not charge before we install the Slick Barrier as long as the customers provides the paint.
Section Three: Limited 1 yr Warranty & Member Warranty
- We warrant that its coating will last up to one year. Once treated we specifically warrant that the coating will remain hard, durable and glasslike. Should the coating fail in any of these respects, we will come back out and reapply. Further, AVERZION/Slick Barrier may have a slight interaction with some paint products and weed killers, causing certain areas too discolor. The Sun can also cause some discolor in the form of yellowing. Should this be the case, AVERZION/Slick Barrier will return and correct any discoloration if the discoloration is deemed severe. It is recommended that a touch up coat be done on the coating every year to keep excess yellowing from happening. Just like other paint/coating product the UV rays WILL eventually change the color of the surface. Again in order to minimize color change is it recommended a 'touch up' coat be applied every year.
- To ensure that the coating continues to be effective, homeowners must keep the surface area relatively clean. It is recommended that the surface area be sprayed off with clean water twice a month. It is important to inspect the coated area after a heavy rain to ensure mud does not clump up onto service.
- Should the homeowner find a scorpion crawling on the outside of their home during the limited warranty period, the homeowner must document the exact location it spotted the crawling scorpion, and we will come back and inspect such area and make additional applications where deemed necessary. However, homeowner shall keep in mind that scorpions have a life span of 3-5 years, and may already be inside the home. It is the homeowners’ responsibility to keep the treated areas clean. This warranty does not account for other areas of access, such as plants touching the home or hovering above home or any objects touching the home or hovering above the home. These objects can and will allow scorpions to bypass the AVERZION/Slick Barrier coating. Also, we do not warranty against any other insects or animals only the Arizona Bark Scorpion (Scientific name Centruroides Sculpturatus).
Section Four: Smell
The AVERZION/Slick Barrier coating has an odor that goes away in about 4 hours. During this time, homeowners should stay inside their homes with all doors and windows closed, or if the homeowner has a sensitivity to odors, the homeowner should stay away from the home for at least 12 hours. Sensitivity to odors may irritate the eyes, nose, throat, and lungs. In rare instances breathing the odor for too long can cause headaches, dizziness, and nausea.
Section Five: Disputes
We will take full responsibility for correcting any mistakes or unforeseen circumstances that arise in the normal course of our services, or as stated herein. We are rarely presented with a problem that we cannot solve. We have extensive resources to call upon when needed and are confident in AVERZION/Slick Barrier coating. We will not refund any monies paid if it has made the appropriate corrections, or the homeowner refuses to allow us to make such corrections. Otherwise, we will refund all monies paid. Any damages not contemplated herein, shall be limited to no more than the refund amount. In extraordinary circumstances that cannot be corrected, damages shall be limited to double the cost of service or $5,000 whichever amount is the lower amount.
Section Six Bubbling:
When the temperature and the humidity are high the surface area where AVERZION/Slick Barrier is placed may release moisture. During the curing process this moisture release may cause AVERZION/Slick Barrier to bubble slightly. This is a normal and will stop happening once the AVERZION/Slick Barrier fully cures. If needed we will return to the property and fix any excess bubbling of the AVERZION/Slick Barrier coating.
Section Seven Weed Spray Dye:
Some weed sprays have dyes that can discolor or even change the color of the AVERZION/Slick Barrier coated surface. Under no circumstances should weed spray be sprayed on the AVERZION/Slick Barrier coated surface. This could void any remaining warranty.
Here's a sample membership contract for AVERZION/Slick Barrier Pro Install:
AVERZION/Slick Barrier Pro Install Membership Contract
- Term of Agreement: This agreement shall commence on first month after install of Slick Barrier and shall continue for a period of 2 years.
- Membership Fee: The Member agrees to pay a monthly fee of $20 for the duration of the agreement.
- Touch-Up Services: The Company agrees to perform touch-up services on the Member's slick barrier coating twice a year.
- Member Discounts: The Member shall have access to the Company's member-only discounts.
- Pest Control Services: The Member shall have access to the Company's licensed pest control professionals.
- Reinstallation Services: The Company shall reinstall the Slick Barrier coating on the Member's home if the Member repaints their home.
- Transfer of Production: If the Member sells their home, the Company shall transfer the production to the Member's new home for free.
- Termination: Either party may terminate this agreement at any time upon written notice to the other party. If canceled early remainder of monthly installments will be due with in 30 days of cancellation.
- Governing Law: This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Arizona.
- Entire Agreement: This agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior negotiations, representations, or agreements, whether written or oral.
- Amendment: This agreement may be amended only by a written instrument executed by both parties.
- Counterparts: This agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which shall constitute one and the same instrument.